With the season of fresh strawberries around, I felt like taking a bite into freshly baked warm eggless cake made out of them. For this cake, I have used cornflour and wheat flour, with the result that the cake was extremely soft, light and spongy. The aroma that wafted out of the oven was truly delicious.
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 8 or 9 strawberries
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pass the cornflour, wheat flour and baking powder through a sieve.
- Make a puree out of the strawberries.
- In a bowl, mix together butter, powdered sugar, milk and strawberry puree.
- Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, keep stirring for a while to avoid lumps.
- Grease a 9" cake tin with butter and dust with flour. Pour the cake batter in it.
- Pre-heat the OTG in toast mode for 10 minutes at 200 degrees C.
- Place the cake tin in the OTG and bake for around 30 minutes at 200 degrees C.
- To check if the cake is done, pierce with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Let it cool for around 15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh strawberry slices or sauce.