- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets.
- 2 cups milk.
- 1/2 cup fresh cream.
- 1 medium sized onion.
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste.
- 3 tsp soup seasoning of your choice. ( I used a seasoning powder bought from a store- it uses dried onion & garlic powder, basil leaves and other such herbs. Soup seasonings are easily available in super markets).
- Salt and crushed pepper to taste.
- Grated cheese and coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Blanch the broccoli florets in boiling water for roughly a minute. Thoroughly rinse in running water.
- Steam the florets for 5 minutes.
- Set aside 6-8 florets for topping, and blend the remaining along with 1/2 cup water.
- Drain the blended broccoli and set aside.
- In a pan, heat some butter, and saute the steamed broccoli florets, ginger garlic paste and onions for half a minute.
- Add the blended broccoli, milk and cream and let it simmer for a while.
- Add soup seasoning, salt and crushed pepper.
- Garnish with grated cheese and coriander leaves.
- Serve with a starter of your choice. (I made cheesy garlic crispies which tasted really good with this soup).